Monday, February 1, 2010

The West and It's Women

I have so much love for these two ladies that finding the right words is difficult. They are the honey in life. My mother has given me more love than I deserve along with the best friendship I will ever have. My aunt Nona is so many things. She is a favorite past time, a genuine smile, a good-night story, a strong mother, and a testimony of a woman madly in love. Together they share a passion for the west. These photos remind me of the days I spent on horseback under the hot Arizona sun with two amazing women...and of all the times I took a rock and chipped off pieces of the salt block in the corral so that I too could lick to my satisfaction.  






















5 comments:

  1. How fun! Loved the new processing techniques. Are they twins? I think they could be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! But, they do get asked all the time. Thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it...james is making old prints look new and you're making new prints look worn...#6 is my fav

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even begin to describe how much I love these photos. They would be lovely without knowing the subjects, but knowing them makes it that much more amazing.

    ReplyDelete